Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Desperately looking for help. Consistent Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, Just made an account here to look for some support in how to fix my Paper Mario TTYD. As of late I've been streaming the game and its been quite enjoyable. But I've noticed as the game has gone along. There has some small spikes where it gets somewhat slow, then can correct itself. I recently got into chapter six and at the same spot. There is no way for me to avoid a crash. What happens is I enter the big dinning area on the train and everything slows down to an absurd amount. I can barley walk without it be super slow. And if I try to do anything with my partner, Or talk to someone it crashes or no text is shown on the screen. I can go back into the previous room I was in and everything goes back to a normal framerate without issues, but if I try to progress to the next room. It crashes right then. I've tried different settings and things to see what I can do. But literally I cant figure out anything thats going wrong to cause this issues. To give an idea on where I am. It just turns night time on the train, and I've taken the quest to find the missing blanket from the toad. If anyone can contact me and help me fix this. Cause this is literally 20-30 hours of gameplay I dont want to lose. And I want to finish the game and enjoy it.

My specs:
I have a Nvida 970 gtx graphics card
I have 16 Gigs of Corsair Vegeance Ram
My processor is a Intel Core I7-4790 K

Please if you have can offer help I'd very much appreciate it
And if you need any more information I'd be happy to oblige.
Try the latest development build
So do I just go to the site and download the new version? Will every thing still transfer over? Im not really used to using Dolphin so any help or guidance would appreciated
If you're using standard savefiles, it'll load the same save. The new build is probably what you want if it's crashing in Chapter 6 because we removed a feature that could cause it to crash there.
I apologize but I dont see a new build anywhere Im on the download page and only see 5.0 which is what Im currently using
And is there a way to import the save files to the newer version once I find the download for it?
(09-03-2017, 06:12 PM)cynicalmedia Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize but I dont see a new build anywhere Im on the download page and only see 5.0 which is what Im currently using

Scroll down a bit on the download page, and you'll find the list of development versions.

(09-03-2017, 06:18 PM)cynicalmedia Wrote: [ -> ]And is there a way to import the save files to the newer version once I find the download for it?

By default, the newer version will detect your save files automatically.
And the most recent version correct? 5.0-5376
(09-03-2017, 06:25 PM)cynicalmedia Wrote: [ -> ]And the most recent version correct? 5.0-5376

Yes, that's the most recent version right now.
Okay awesome looks like its working. You guys are seriously Miracle workers. Is there any recommendations I can ask from you guys to make the game look better or just run in general better. Like resolution to make the game look better? Or increase the framerate. Or just stuff in general. Thank you again seriously
Pages: 1 2