Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Editing Dolphin's wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can somebody allow me to edit the Wiki? I don't wish to wait for the delay for autoconfirmed new users. User: Ebola16
The autoconfirmed user permission and revoking IP edits was done because the wiki was hit with a massive spam attack at the beginning of the month adding over 1000 pages of robot-generated nonsense. You'll probably have to wait like everyone else, sorry.
I thought I should be past the autoconfirmed stage at this point but I still can't edit protected pages like the Dolphin Smash Bros. Brawl wiki. Can someone fix this?
I'll make a test account and get to the bottom of all this.
Can confirm. I just logged into my 4 year old Wiki account and I can't edit anything, even though I have made edits before.

Kavex

yeah I've logged into an old account I've had for awhile to make a wiki edit but says i'm not part of the autoconfirmed users. O.o I've made edits before so something is going wacky with the system,
If it's not working for a lot of people then there's definitely something wrong. Though, an editor who hasn't made an edit in almost exactly two years just helped me with a Japanese translation on there, so I really don't know why it's not working for some people with pre-existing accounts, and working for others. I haven't been affected at all, but I was actively making edits right before the permissions were changed, and so were most other people I've seen make edits since then.

Kavex

(09-07-2017, 03:03 AM)Xerxes Wrote: [ -> ]If it's not working for a lot of people then there's definitely something wrong. Though, an editor who hasn't made an edit in almost exactly two years just helped me with a Japanese translation on there, so I really don't know why it's not working for some people with pre-existing accounts, and working for others. I haven't been affected at all, but I was actively making edits right before the permissions were changed, and so were most other people I've seen make edits since then.

Yeah I haven't made an edit since last fall so we can narrow it down to at least those that haven't edited in the last year. 
I am getting the attached message when I try to edit any Dolphin Wiki page. Additionally, I was never offered a chance to enter my email to receive notifications from Dolphin Wiki.
I think I was moved to the "Users" group but I still can't edit anything.