Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hybrid Wiimote Nunchuk Not Detected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

etekmen

Hi, I am trying to play Super Mario Galaxy (PAL) on Dolphin 5.0 (stable release).\

I own a Real Wii Motion Plus and Nunchuk. I dont have a usb sensor so i use Hybrid Wiimote so i can use the mouse as IR input.

I can successfully bind All my keyboard settings to the Hybrid Wiimote, but when i click to configure Nunchuk, it doesnt detect any input.

Help Would be much appreciated,

Emre

P.S I have attached images of what it looks like, although i doubt it will provide much help
Have you tried the latest dev version of dolphin?

etekmen

(08-27-2017, 10:37 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest dev version of dolphin?

I just installed the latest dev version of dolphin. It provides more options to connect a Wii Remote, but doesn't solve the issue of Dolphin not being able to detect my Nunchuk.

Everything works as before, I can use the the Wii remote, to jump and shoot star bits, etc. and use the mouse for IR movement, but not the Nunchuk extension. My Nunchuk is fully functional, ive tried it on my actual wii console. 
You shouldn't be configuring the nunchuk if you have a real one. My guess is the problem is hybrid wiimote, it would be best if you could use IR either with a sensor bar or some candles.

etekmen

(08-27-2017, 12:16 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't be configuring the nunchuk if you have a real one. My guess is the problem is hybrid wiimote, it would be best if you could use IR either with a sensor bar or some candles.

Candles? and also my sensor bar doesnt have usb output, so thats unfortunately not an option.
I thought the function of the Hybrid Wiimote was to allow the user to combine emulation tools such as the mouse for IR control, as well as using a Real Wiimote for normal input.

"https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Configuring_Controllers" States that, '[color=#222222]In the second half...[of the controller menu...], you have options to use real, emulated Wii Remotes, or hybrid of two in the same slot.'[/color]
[color=#222222]I guess i shouldnt be emulating the Nunchuk, but when I set the extension to None, my character [/color][color=#222222]continuously moves in a random direction, and still no input detection. Maybe i need to do something else?[/color]

[color=#222222]Thank you for the help so far.[/color]
Hybrid Wii Remotes probably don't work right.
Hybrid Wiimotes DEFINITELY don't work right. Yes, they're supposed to do what you described, but they're broken and nobody feels like fixing them. The sensor bar doesn't transmit any information at all, it just provides two infrared lights. That's why you can use anything that produces infrared light as a substitute, including regular old candles. All of the data transmission is handled by the Wiimote. Just use Real Wiimote.

etekmen

(08-27-2017, 04:47 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]Hybrid Wiimotes DEFINITELY don't work right. Yes, they're supposed to do what you described, but they're broken and nobody feels like fixing them. The sensor bar doesn't transmit any information at all, it just provides two infrared lights. That's why you can use anything that produces infrared light as a substitute, including regular old candles. All of the data transmission is handled by the Wiimote. Just use Real Wiimote.

Thank you so much! I will try this candle fix right away!