Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crashes As Soon As I Try to Open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

thevictorystar

Hello,

I tried downloading Dolphin on my MacBook Air (specs on my profile) and whenever I click to open it, it crashes immediately. I'm not completely sure why, as it was working fine earlier today. I have tried reinstalling multiple times and nothing changes.

Anyone have any advice? I'm willing to offer more info if needed.
IS this only the 5.0 stable, or do the 5.0-dev builds crash as well?

thevictorystar

(08-21-2017, 03:55 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]IS this only the 5.0 stable, or do the 5.0-dev builds crash as well?

Not sure what you mean; neither work.
When it crashes, do you get the option to report the crash? If you could copy-paste the information that gives you, that might be helpful.

You can also try resetting the configuration to the default: deleteĀ or renameĀ the folder "~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Config" to do this.

thevictorystar

Upon deleting the config folder, it works normally. It turns out something in the config folder was messing it up.

Thank you! Smile
(08-22-2017, 01:04 PM)thevictorystar Wrote: [ -> ]Upon deleting the config folder, it works normally. It turns out something in the config folder was messing it up.

Thank you! Smile

Great, glad to hear that worked for you Smile