Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running Metroid Prime 3 Prototype
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Aubs

Hey guys,

I've been trying to run the Metroid Prime 3 prototype and for the life of me I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

Normally I run the Dolphin x64 5.0

When I attempt to boot it up in the current version of Dolphin, it seems to launch properly (Or at least I get to some sort of booting screen) and after pressing A on my controller it loads further and then I get this warning message:

"IntCPU: Unknown instruction 00000000 at PC = 80491110 last_PC =
812fffc8 LR = 804d0420"

it gives me the option to click yes or no. Clicking yes just makes the error message appear again. Clicking no just causes Dolphin to crash.

I've also tried downloading an altered version of Dolphin that has been circulating around the internet, it is a 128 RAM version or something like that. I've followed tutorials of applying IPS patches to a gcm version of the MP3 prototype but that does not work either... When I do that and load it up in the 128 Dolphin I just get an an error message saying the file is an invalid ROM type...

I can't find any detailed tutorials on how to get this thing running and all the supposed tutorials that have been provided are too vague, unhelpful and poorly made. This is really frustrating... Can anyone help me out? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or if this is not the right topic to post on this forum. I don't know if this thread violates the no Warez rule, and if it does is there a more appropriate forum to ask this?
What happens in the latest dev build of Dolphin form here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Aubs

(08-21-2017, 10:30 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]What happens in the latest dev build of Dolphin form here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Nevermind, I got it to work.
Is there a way to override Dolphin's RAM settings with the game's INI so that we don't have to rely on an outdated unofficial Dolphin build to run it?
It says "REALRAM_SIZE must be set to 0x8000000" in the game config.
No

You have to build your own version of Dolphin with REALRAM_SIZE set to the correct value.