Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay Desync?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

OldGoldie

I can't post in the support forum for some reason, but me and my friends are having issues with Mario Party 6 desync. I have played it with no desync with 6 other people, but with this one person it always desyncs. We have the same settings, memory card (and tried disabling memory card), dont go into fullscreen or anything, any idea what it could be? We use the Traversal Server function.
Bad internet, I have a friend with fiber never get desyncs but with another friend who have bad internet we get desyncs. In 3, only fiber are sync expect the bad ADSL.

I can't help for you, I don't have so much play with my friend who have bad Internet Smile
The internet quality does not influence desyncs. I played with MayImalae while she had dialup in Mario Party 7, many, many years ago.

Certain things in Dolphin aren't synced. My guess: your friend has a bad ISO.
Yeah, it's either a difference in the iso or settings, or (a bit unlikely) you get packet loss on the connection. Packet loss should result in desyncs, but i doubt it would happen as often as you describe. Also, if it's packet loss, it doesn't need to be the general internet connection of you friend that is bad, it could be the connection between his and your ISP that is the problem.