Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Somebody Find A Work Around For CTGP 1.03 Mario Kart Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mr beanjr has created a way for his CTGP Mario Kart to not work with dolphin by using certain files that would be hard to create into a file that Dolphin could understand. Now I understand that he created this so he can stop cheaters. But there are also people out there that are not cheaters that no longer use there Nintendo Wii and dont have a Wii U as it was somewhat a failure. I know technically this is not a dolphin problem and not really an easy one to figure out but there has got to be someone out there that can get this working with dolphin considering all the latest updates with Homebrew applications starting to work and other applications on the Wii that are now starting to be supported. Im not just speaking for myself here I hear many people complaining about this as well so I thought I would ask. As for being one of the most played things on the Wii now it would seem like there should be some way to get this work on Dolphin so people can enjoy in better quality and more user friendly interface.

I hope somebody can leave there opinion here

I have used Dolphin for many years now and I will continue to use it in the future. Well done to all those people that have made it a success.  Dodgy [/font]
I also would love for someone to find a workaround for this. Love playing Mario Kart Wii online using Wiimmfi. CTGP would be amazing on Dolphin!
Why not to try MKfun?, it works with dolphin perfectly.

But, you may still need your Wii's NAND to play online.
CTGP have a big playerbase and the custom "countdown" mode for online play. I never find an online room in MKfun Sad
If they get rid of their anti-dolphin code, it'll run in Dolphin.

Dolphin will try to get more accurate and maybe it'll someday boot it, but there are certain things an emulator can't do efficiently. If you really want to plead your case, do it to them, not us.
Alternatively, help Dolphin get good with your coding/RE skills and beat the anti-Dolphin code Smile
If they don't want us to run it, they'll win eventually. Even if we can emulate it, they can use features that are too slow for users to actually play with.
That's true. Still, it would be interesting to find out what Dolphin is doing wrong and get that fixed (if possible). It's probably something dumb.
if (Dolphin)
{
dont run;
}

Mattwmaster58

Just out curiosity, do we specifically know why it crashes or what we have to emulate in order for it to not crash (other than emulating the system perfectly)?
Pages: 1 2