Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario Thousand Year Door not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MyInformationIsALie

I know this might be in the wrong section of the forums, but I assure you, I made an account just for this one purpose xD. In Chapter 6, whenever I give the autograph to Bub, then talk to the conductor about the passenger without a ticket, then talk to the detective in room 06, and finally open the door that is right beside the item shop, thing is, whenever I do that, It says this: Unknown Pointer, then a bunch of numbers and letters. I can't get past this part unless if I fix this issue so if you find out how to fix it make sure to share it with me. And sometimes it will also freeze whenever I open the door and go near the cheep cheep chef, it will show a random part of chapter 6, whether it be me near a save block, or me in the detectives room, it'll show it, I just won't be able to move, and it will be frozen, and idk if the music is still playing or not, but thats another thing that happens. I have found out after an hour of two of research (before I made this thread) That these happen depending on what I change, but no matter what I change the unknown pointer thing keeps showing up, but at least I fixed the weird freeze thing I was talking about above. This isn't the first time this has happened to me either, I remember in chapter 1 when you go down into the pipes to look for the sun / moon stone to open the entrance to hooktail's castle, when you encounter the gold fuzzy, this same thing happened, and idk if its just me or if this is a common thing, but it is hard to enjoy a game when "unknown pointer" pops up on the screen. Sorry about there being no screenshots, the unknown pointer thing is pretty self explanatory and doesn't require a screenshot to find out whats going on. As for the thing with the graphics, that might take a screenshot or two, but its hard to screenshot it and put it into proper understanding detail, or at least in this case.
Update to the latest development version of Dolphin.

MyInformationIsALie

(08-15-2017, 02:11 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Update to the latest development version of Dolphin.

I have, 5.0 right?
(08-15-2017, 02:31 AM)MyInformationIsALie Wrote: [ -> ]I have, 5.0 right?

No, 5.0 is the latest stable version. You can find the latest dev versions below it here:

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

MyInformationIsALie

(08-15-2017, 02:36 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]No, 5.0 is the latest stable version. You can find the latest dev versions below it here:

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
Edit = got it to work, I think before you posted this xD, all I did was change my settings around a bit and that unknown pointer crap stopped showing up Smile