Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: File Type?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sneakykreiger

First post and new to this board! So cheers gamers!

i had a question i needed to ask as i'm stumped. Huh  

I've extracted the game files via the games properties tab. The game in question is Tenchu:Shadow Assassins for the Wii.
I'm trying to view these video files. Problem is i don't even have the slightest idea what type of file it is to begin to open them.
They are .b type files.

Does anyone happen to know a way to open these files and view them via a media player of sorts. Any and all info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
A file extension means nothing. Though a file extension does usually have some association with some format, changing a file extension does literally nothing. As an example of this, Apple packs their apps with the extension ".ipa," but all you have to do is change the file extension to .zip and you can unpack it with literally any zip tool and look at the contents. What you really need to do is to look at the file in a hex editor and see if it has some recognizable header that tells you what the format is. Given the fact that it's a game, though, it almost definitely isn't just some format that you would be able to play in a media player. It's probably middleware of some sort, or possibly even a proprietary format.