Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy 2 Freeze.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help, help, helpadee help. I have Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 set up on Dolphin 5.0. the first one runs perfectly and doesn't crash/freeze unless I play Gusty Garden Galaxy, in which case the game crashes at a random moment. However in Super Mario Galaxy 2, during the Intro when Mario jumps out of the pipe onto a 2D little introductory level, as SOON as the screen scrolls because of making Mario move to the right (what you're supposed to do obviously) the Game freezes, and then black screen, and then a message from Dolphin "Dolphin has stopped working" or something of the sort.

It would be awesome if someone could help out, because I really wanna play Super Mario Galaxy 2 :/
Does this happen in the latest dev build of Dolphin?
(08-13-2017, 08:06 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Does this happen in the latest dev build of Dolphin?

So I downloaded the latest Dev build, Dolphin 5.0-5132. and I first tried launching Super Mario Galaxy 2 with the emulated Wiimote mode, and the freeze didn't occur. however I closed the emulation after the next cutscene because I was eager to test this with Hybrid Wiimote mode or Real Wiimote mode. it crashed at the exact same moment as with Dolphin 5.0. then I retried with the Emulated Wiimote mode, and it crashed again. I think this is totally random. isn't there a way to make the freeze never happen?
Just to test, what happens if you restart the computer? Not shutdown and turn back on, but the actual Reset command.
(08-14-2017, 01:48 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Just to test, what happens if you restart the computer? Not shutdown and turn back on, but the actual Reset command.

Hey um yeah I had restarted the computer already and it was still doing this issue. I went back to Dolphin 5.0, and as I said earlier, it really is random. I was able to go through the entire introduction with giant bowser, and the first level, before being able to save. Once I had saved, I quit the game and next time I went back, obviously, the crash never occured. So I think it's just at the very beginning, Dolphin probably has a problem with getting past the very first time you scroll the screen with mario. But once you're out, I don't think the crash has reason to re-occur anywhere else.

Also, as a side note, I had also said the crash occured at a random time when I was in Gusty Garden Galaxy too (In the first game) But I've gone through it a few times now and I didn't crash. Luck, I guess :/

So yeah Thank you for your responses but luckily the bug wasn't that persistent after all.