Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Weird graphic problems when adding games to Steam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nilsmoody

Hello guys,

I have problems adding the dolphin games to my steam library. I'm following this guide here. So basically I add ""%emulatorpath%" /e "%gamepath%" /b" as target for every Steam-Shortcut. Dolphin will open and will launch the correct game. So the path is correct.

But then graphical bugs will appear (weird polygon twisting) or games are completely black and I just hear the sounds. But when I start them normally they just run fine. What could be the problem?

I'm using the newest dolphin version and tried my luck with MKDD, TLoZ:TWW and TLoZ:TP. I have the latest AMD graphic drivers and my full PC build is in my profile.
The problem is that the Steam overlay is interfering with Dolphin's rendering. You'll have to disable the overlay.
It kills something to do with vertex attributes, iirc.

nilsmoody

Thanks for your reply! Currently, I'm not at home so I can't test it yet but I keep this post updated. But I've learned that you can't disable the Steam-Overlay on Non-Steam Games individually. Dodgy Man, Valve needs to really step up their game...