Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to turn on cheats Dolphin 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using dolphin 5.0 and whenever I turn on any cheat for any game, be it a Wii game, a Gamecube game, or a Virtual Console game the box next to the cheat automatically becomes unchecked whenever I click apply. Also, whenever I try to download cheats it tells me the cheats downloaded but the cheats don't show up in the cheats window. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I checked all my config files and none of them are read-only so that isn't the problem. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Did you remember to go to Config > General and check "Enable Cheats"?
(08-07-2017, 08:24 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Did you remember to go to Config > General and check "Enable Cheats"?

Yes because if you don't enable cheats in the config menu then you can not select cheats in the tools menu.
Please describe your method of trying to enable cheats, step by step. Be careful to be as descriptive as possible as that is the only way we can know what you are doing!
I click tools then cheats, and when the cheat window comes up I click on either the action replay or gecko tab. After I click on the tab I for the type of cheats I want to use I go through the list of cheats and put a check in the box next to the cheats I want to enable. Then I click apply at the bottom of the window and close out the cheats window. And I'm sorry to repeat myself but cheats are enabled in the general tab of the config window.
Ok, try this!

Before running a game, right click the game in the game list, and press properties. Turn on or off the codes that you want, and then close the properties window and run the game. The cheats should be on now.
It's really weird I reformatted my PC yesterday and was running Windows 8.1 until i got the chance to reinstall Windows 10 a couple of hours ago. And after I reinstalled Windows 10 everything started working again.
(08-08-2017, 06:47 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, try this!
Before running a game, right click the game in the game list, and press properties. Turn on or off the codes that you want, and then close the properties window and run the game. The cheats should be on now.

This thread maybe old but i am noticing the same issue on Star Fox Adventures (GSAP01).

If i enable cheats as normal, right click the game, properties, ar codes and enable the cheats, nothing happens.

BUT

if i go to tools cheats manager and enable cheats they work (codes are the same) but it causes the emulation to stutter really bad, if i then disable the cheats, emulation goes back to full speed.

I am using dolphin build 5.0-13603.
Please see our rules about necroposting. For threads older than 6 months old, we advise you to make a new thread instead of reviving an old topic. You can link to previous threads or quote them so that others will understand the context of your problem.