Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mac OSX issues with Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was testing the performance impact of Exclusive Ubershaders on my Hackintosh with the Nvidia Web drivers (346.03.15f09) to see how bad OSX drivers were in comparison to Windows, and I found a couple of odd issues with Dolphin under OSX 10.11.6.

The first issue I encountered was that I didn't have any sound. The last version of Dolphin I was using was 5.0-3441 with CoreAudio. Core Audio was removed in 5.0-4901 though, and the problem was that the config was still looking for CoreAudio, thus it didn't load anything, showing a blank audio option, not even the no audio output option. The issue fixes itself if you choose Cubeb manually, so I don't really know if this constitutes as a usability issue or not.

no audio:
Dolphin config:
The second issue was that I couldn't quit the game using the ESC key on my keyboard. The problem turned out to be that my hotkeys weren't setup to have my keyboard as the input device. Why you might ask? Because it was trying to get key inputs from my headphones. When i pressed the Default button, the headphones get slected as the input device for some reason. It's at the top of the list perhaps? Again, not sure if this is really an issue or not, seeing as how I can just select Quartz from the dropdown.

headphones taking over my computer: