Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Memcards corrupted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gibstack693

I copied over the Mario Party Netplay memory card into my non MPN build emulator so I had two different copies for the different emulators. I did this because the MP netplay build has speedup and other things disabled that i wanted to use for doing testing and stuff. Anyway, as of today when I opened a game, the memory card had corrupted. The one that comes built in with MPN (the one that i had only used for netplay, not the one I actually need) was fine, but this copy was corrupted. Nothing appears in the MC manager for the MC. After about two weeks of me using this copy, it just decided to be corrupted after that. I didn't change any settings in the last day, or anything. I had also made a backup of the memory card a few days ago as well, (because I had started using more than 4 saves for TTYD) but both were corrupted.

I tried downloading the latest version, still corrupted. I was using build 5.0-321. I have the memory card uploaded here as a MEGA link since I can't upload it as an attachment.

If there is any way I can get the data from the memory card, then that works for me. There are important saves for The Thousand Year Door that I really need off the memory card.

i don't see why my pc specs are necessary but they're all in my profile.

[Image: jl4ada6uRseK8mOykPxHLw.png]
Just skimming through the file, you have a header and everything else is FF. I don't think we can recover with this file.

gibstack693

(08-07-2017, 06:46 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Just skimming through the file, you have a header and everything else is FF. I don't think we can recover with this file.

I don't really know what that means. Did something happen to it? And how do i make it not happen again?
(08-07-2017, 08:19 AM)gibstack693 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really know what that means. Did something happen to it? And how do i make it not happen again?

It means that somehow it all the data got set to the same thing. You could maybe try GCI folders, this keeps all your game saves separate from each other minimizing something happening to all of them at once.