Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can we increase the size of Wii System Memory on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem when I use Dolphin 5.0-4692 until the last version. When I Load the Wii System Menu, a message will appear that:
"Your Wii System Memory is full. Use the Data Management screen to manage your save data." Sad
I have Just Dance 2015 DLC around 700-900 MB, I want to move it to SD Card but Dolphin does not work. For a while I use Dolphin 5.0-4690, but I hope I can use the latest build version. So can we increase the size of Wii System Memory on Dolphin? : /

Thank you.

Dolphin 50.4692 - latest version
[attachment=16220]
[attachment=16221]
[attachment=16222]

Dolphin 50.4690
[attachment=16223]
Not without hacks.

The system menu seems to have a hardcoded limit, and the only way to get around it is to downright lie and say files don't take any space (or much less than they actually do). This is obviously inaccurate and causes issues with space calculations in some titles.

What's the issue with moving it to SD? That is supposed to work.
When I moved or copied the DLC to the SD Card, the message "The data may not have been copied / moved, but when I copy the save data, it works..  Confused
[attachment=16240]
[attachment=16241]
Could you enable logs for IOS, IOS_ES and IOS_FS, set the log verbosity to Info and try it again? Hopefully the failure reason will be logged. (Use a service like pastebin/gist for the log and provide a link, don't post the whole thing here)
Hmm. Not quite sure what's going wrong. I can't see any obvious failure in there -- other than the fact the system menu does not even attempt to copy the DLC to the SD.
If you're having trouble moving the DLCs through System Menu, you can also move them by going into Options => Archives on the main in-game menu, it works fine there. Also, keep in mind that Just Dance 2014 and onwards uses a new engine and will only allow playing DLC songs that are stored on the NAND, so whatever DLC song you move to SD Card won't show in the track list and that's not Dolphin's fault...
I usually get this error after my NAND has been damaged by some inaccuracy in Dolphin...
So even though I managed to move the DLC to the SD Card, the song will not appear on the Track List? Very bad Sad

What happens if NAND is damaged?