Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Upgrade (How much of a bump)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there kind sir's and ladies...

So I have finally upgraded my pc again, and I wanted to know what kind of performance bump (Not the right word but who cares really Big Grin) I would get out of the newer rig. I understand that you might not be able to give a complete or even half answer, I just want your two cents Big Grin 

Old Rig:
Motherboard - Asus Z87-Deluxe
CPU - Intel Core i7-4770K
GPU - GTX 980Ti
Ram 16GB

New Rig:
Motherboard - ASUS STRIX Z270E GAMING
CPU - Intel Core i7-7700K
GPU - GTX 1080Ti
Ram Still 16GB Big Grin

I thank you for your kind replies and have a good day Big Grin
Out of Dolphin? You won't notice any difference. You're going from high end to very high end.
Yeah this like the difference between full speed 3x IR in SMS to full speed 10x IR in Xenoblade (I'm exaggerating but my 1070 can do over 10x IR in every game I own so I figure it probably right).
You can probably use exclusive ubershaders at semi ridiculous resolutions and not use things like ztp speed hack.
(08-07-2017, 06:27 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]You can probably use exclusive ubershaders at semi ridiculous resolutions and not use things like ztp speed hack.

Sadly nah can't go above 3xIR and I have the same specs as him. Exclusive ubershaders is mega taxing on the GPU. I just use Hybrid which allows me to very comfortably use 5xIR and never see any drops from GPU usage.