Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FAQ - some info outdated.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it's a good time to update this information:

[Image: XE4QDAo.png]
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/?nocr=true

After all, Ryzen is very good for emulation. Sleepy
Yeah. Somebody should specify that Ryzen CPUs are fine for Dolphin.

You can make a PR to the www repo if you want
(08-03-2017, 06:46 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]You can make a PR to the www repo if you want

The FAQ entries aren't stored in the www repo as far as I know.
(08-03-2017, 06:50 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The FAQ entries aren't stored in the www repo as far as I know.
AFAIK the FAQ entries get pulled directly from Transifex, at least in the past, whatever I changed on Transifex got instantly updated on the FAQ from the website...

(08-03-2017, 06:32 AM)DarkHacker Wrote: [ -> ]After all, Ryzen is very good for emulation. Sleepy
Keep in mind that although Ryzen improved a lot, equivalent Intel CPUs still have a small advantage on the IPC rate and as such, those Intel CPUs would still fare a bit better on some specific emulation scenarios. But yes, despite that Ryzen still is a good candidate for emulation in general and is an immense improvement in relation to past AMD CPUs...
We've already started working on updating the FAQ, but it's a bigger job than most people realize! And there was that whole "ubershaders" distraction. ;3

@helios that's not how the FAQ works.
(08-03-2017, 09:53 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind that although Ryzen improved a lot, equivalent Intel CPUs still have a small advantage on the IPC rate and as such, those Intel CPUs would still fare a bit better on some specific emulation scenarios. But yes, despite that Ryzen still is a good candidate for emulation in general and is a immense improvement in relation to past AMD CPUs...

You're nitpicking.

Ryzen is fine for emulation. It doesn't matter if intel is still better, that isn't the point.
(08-03-2017, 09:53 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK the FAQ entries get pulled directly from Transifex, at least in the past, whatever I changed on Transifex got instantly updated on the FAQ from the website...

Keep in mind that although Ryzen improved a lot, equivalent Intel CPUs still have a small advantage on the IPC rate and as such, those Intel CPUs would still fare a bit better on some specific emulation scenarios. But yes, despite that Ryzen still is a good candidate for emulation in general and is an immense improvement in relation to past AMD CPUs...

Okay... but it's far from having a "poor IPC". Big Grin