Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ShowMiiVWiiKeys: a Helper Program That Can Obtain vWii Keys for Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#24292e]Please do NOT share the otp.bin, generated keys.bin, or generated text file as they not only contain copyrighted keys but also personal information about you Wii U[/color][color=#24292e] [color=#24292e](Note: If you are doing a recording of this application, be sure to censor what is shown on the cmd/terminal window).[/color][/color]

Hello everyone,

I created a helper program called ShowMiiVWiiKeys, which can generate a text and bootmii keys.bin file from a Wii U's OTP file. As I addressed on GitHub, Dump Mii Nand and XYZZY does not get all the keys (on vWii; It works fine on a real Wii) needed to run the Wii Shop Channel on Dolphin.

I also have a guide on GitHub that explains how to access the vWii Shop Account on Dolphin. Keep in mind that you might encounter a bug where you can't access the Wii Shop Channel. I don't have a proper solution for this, but what I recommend you do is keep reloading the Wii Shop Channel again or to redo the guide again. When you are able to successfully access the Wii Shop Channel, the bug seems to go away.

I have pre-compiled binaries for people who don't want to deal with cmake (Windows, MacOS, and Linux). You can also find the source code on GitHub. Feel free to ask me any questions, but please read the readme first. I hope you find this program useful.