Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ubershaders Effecting Animations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DrScience

Hi,

We've been using dolphin 5.0-321 for netplay of Tatsunoko vs capcom with no problems.
We're looking to upgrade to 5.0-4871 for ubershaders support to avoid stuttering in tournaments.
However, we've noticed some glitches where animations will be glitched when they didn't used to be in the old build.

I'm linking a video so you can see what I mean, anyone have an idea as to why this would happen?

It wouldn't be ubershaders causing that glitch. You'd want to bisect older builds until you find the one that introduced the regression.

DrScience

Thanks for the response.
Unfortunately, the glitch is not easy to replicate.
Certain moves like this will have bugged animations, and they will stay that way until you close the instance of dolphin.
If you boot it up again it is very unlikely that the same move will be bugged again, and in most instances you won't notice any bugs at all (not sure if none are present, or just not noticeable, it's difficult to comb through the entire movelist of every character each time).

We're asking for people in our community to keep an eye out for it to see if we can figure out what causes it or a pattern, but we only have some isolated incidents for now.
Let me know if this gives you any ideas as to what this might be or what we should look for.
When a move is glitched, can you create a savestate and try switching to cached interpreter/interpreter and loading the savestate.
If you're using the latest dev builds, sending me the savestate could help too.

Edit: Could you verify if this happens with cheats disabled? I went through the entire game 3 times doing as many animations as possible across several characters and ran into literally nothing. Then I enabled cheats to unlock more characters and the game crashed really fast.

Edit 2: Could you test around 5.0-845, this is the most likely build to introduced this issue if it is caused by cheats being enabled.