Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Debug Enabled 5.0-4894: Pausing Clears Memory View and Crashes Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the latest Dolphin 5.0-4894 build,the instant I press the button to pause emulation,the memory viewer clears itself as if I stopped a game,then when I resumed emulation the game crashed with the ear shattering buzzing sound.
This is already a terrible problem for anyone that wants to ever attempt breakpoint searches which pauses/frame steps the game thus leading to a game crash briefly after starting to,but merely pressing pause for any reason breaks everything for the once currently running game.
i mentioned in another thread normally that it would refuse to work after pausing once,but the memory viewer didn't change during that.
Without the debug stuff enabled,I can pause and frame step just fine,but what good does that do when I need it to be able to pause and the like with debug enabled.

I am running on my Nvidia (my signature) with the OpenGL backend.
Also,the Vulkan backend won't even start on this version (even a close error without Hybrid/Exclusive Ubershaders enabled) despite a fairly old build working and a less outdated build also working fine since the last time I tested them.

Another thought,its massively frustrating that I still can't see results for cheat search until its below the very small 1,000 results visibility cap. Angry
Several searches always escape my grasp because it would get painfully close to being below 1,000 results and remain invisible,something like 5,000 would be helpful but I would like to have access to 50,000 results for those incredibly difficult 8bit cheat searches.

For example,some values in Brawl have CC mixed near them,making searches for 32bits unreliable regardless of the position of what you are looking for.

I reeeaaallly wanted to see how Vulkan would run in comparison to the other two,must I update my GPU drivers past the now many months old 376.54 version at the risk of losing stability and/or performance (again) compared to my current drivers?
It would be very nice if someone can mention the latest driver version that runs stable without the assorted recurring issues that plague many updates like flickering,frame drops,terrible performance,and other much worse issues including all three of those.

Also,would anyone suggest that I should overclock my Nvidia GPU to match the original 1.1Ghz of its predecessor despite the GDDR5 memory clock being so high where it may be more risky to OC the GPU core clock from its default 795 MHz?
Would it just be better to make it 10%-15% higher than the 795 Mhz and make it 915 MHz just to squeeze out a little bit more performance to cancel out any slowness Ubershaders cause by a bit?
(I have to stay cooled down anyway due to health issues meaning my room stays extra chilly to prevent facial numbness from creeping up)
Report the bugs to the debug builds? I mean, if no one reports them, the devs may not be aware of them.

Ubershaders on hybrid shouldn't give you a performance hit.
Okay,I will do that soon. Its just that it is a pain because every time I go to that page I have to painstakingly re-login in order to actually post issues. Guessing this is spambot protection,effing spambots! Angry

Actually Vulkan runs without the ubershaders on but it has a black screen but it also has the exact same issue on Android and additionally OpenGL on SATV also won't even do anything with either Ubershader mode despite me waiting several minutes and no visible dialogue told me anything so it was hard to tell what the problem was.

So the Vulkan issue may be a problem in the particular 4894 build and potentially the previous handful of Dolphin builds,and I made sure to test the exact same build version.

Another thing,the Android builds now have an utterly frustrating issue where I am unable to use the <-back button to exit the app meaning I am forced to use the Home button instead and have to re-navigate to the apps list (I don't use the Home menu because I always open stuff in the apps list within settings for convenience) to go to the app I use next.
So I hope a developer can either add an exit option to select or restore the back button via at least as an optional function.