Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote Gamecube controller problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Road hazard

Can somebody tell me if this should be working?

Got Dolphin installed and found a guide that had me hold down 1+2 on my Wiimote and I think it got synced. In Windows 7, I see the Wiimote under Bluetooth devices. But, when I load my game (GameCube version of Pikmin, I can't hit the start button on the classic controller that is attached to the Wiimote. (Heck, as far as I can tell, Dolphin straight up can't see the Wiimote. It has a light on it, like its synced, but nothing.)

On some YouTube videos, I see a picture of a Wiimote+nunchuck to the right of the controller icon on people's Dolphin videos but I don't see that on mine so maybe I'm having a sync issue after all?

Am I doing something wrong or if I want to play GameCube games in Dolphin, I need a wired xb360 controller or that GameCube to USB v3 adapter that raphnet sells? Should I be able to attach a classic controller to my Wiimote and play GC games? If it matters, the Wiimote is not the one that has the "plus" feature built in. Hmmmm, however, when I was playing around with this, I had the "plus" accessory plugged in between the Wiimote and classic controller. Maybe that messed things up? Tomorrow night, I plan on testing this out on my Windows 10 box to see if it's a Windows 7 issue.
(08-01-2017, 02:00 PM)Road hazard Wrote: [ -> ]On some YouTube videos, I see a picture of a Wiimote+nunchuck to the right of the controller icon on people's Dolphin videos but I don't see that on mine so maybe I'm having a sync issue after all?

That's just because the videos were recorded in an older version of Dolphin. The controller settings have been re-arranged a bit between 4.0 and 5.0.

(08-01-2017, 02:00 PM)Road hazard Wrote: [ -> ]Should I be able to attach a classic controller to my Wiimote and play GC games?

That won't work with Dolphin's "Real Wii Remote" support. The only way to do that is if you have a separate driver that lets Wii Remotes act as standard game controllers and you then set up an emulated GameCube controller in Dolphin.

A wired 360 controller or a GameCube to USB adapter are both good options for playing GameCube games, though they're not the only ones.