Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my Mac Powerful Enough to Run Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I don't know a lot about computers so I want to know if my Mac should be able to run dolphin. Melee works fine except netplay but then timesplitters 2 had serious lag. My specs are in the attachment. Also if there is any way to get it to run better that would be great, thanks.
Should be if you dual boot Windows.

Mac GL drivers are slow and deprecated. They won't be improved and we can't work around that. Boot windows for Dolphin and your games will run a lot better.
The CPU should be fine, its decently clocked Haswell i5. Most games should be fine, but you may encounter issues with OSX's horrible drivers. If games aren't running at full speed at native resolution with no enhancements you may need to install Windows or Linux.

laruku

I have a mac mini frmo 2012 it runs dolphin just fine.
OSX GPU's drivers are silly terrible, I have a MBP with a 4980HQ (not for gaming or emu, that's a seperate machine) and even with a silly amount of singly threaded perf I can barely pull full speed. Demanding games are out of the question