Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Got a new laptop, how do I move my save files to my new device?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally got a new laptop (it's an Asus ROG Strix GL553VD but with upgraded RAM and storage). Specifications are in my signature. Already moved Dolphin and its contents into my new device, however I couldn't get the games to read the save files. When I start the game, it says that the memory card is corrupted (Tested with Super Smash Bros. Melee and F-Zero GX) Any help? Thanks in advance.

Attached file : After stopping emulation, I got this message. Hopefully this helps.

UPDATE : Fixed it, read my comment below.
Make sure you´re running Dolphin as an administrator, and that the files are placed correctly (Documents/Dolphin Emulator/GC).
You should never need to run Dolphin as Admin. Don't do that.

Rather, check the permissions of the Dolphin Emulator folder in documents and make sure your user has read/write access
If you took the file directly from your old computers "User" area you will need to use your admin account to strip the previous owner (your other User account from the other computer). This can only remotely (not on the computer that made the file) using an Admin account (in case you are smart and don't run everything off of one admin account)
(08-01-2017, 08:46 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]You should never need to run Dolphin as Admin. Don't do that.

Rather, check the permissions of the Dolphin Emulator folder in documents and make sure your user has read/write access

Thanks for the help, I fixed it! Apparently it's got something to do with the folder that Dolphin reads. And for some reason Dolphin forgets to update the folder name when I moved the whole thing from my old laptop. As a result, Dolphin tries to open/read a nonexistent folder, which causes the games to think that the memory card is "corrupt". Wii games fail to load, displaying multiple errors upon booting. I've updated the paths and now everything works fine.