Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Seeking smooth animation for SPYFox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

twistoffate1

Hello! I am a newbie (clearly) to Dolphin and trying to understand what specs will work with my machine/game, please. I perused a bit but didn't see any matches, and information related to this game is tough to come by.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM @2.40 GHz
RAM: 8 GB IPM
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Dolphin: 4.0, 9/23/2013 version compilation

I used the default settings and am trying to play "SPYFox in Dry Cereal" (Wii). The sound works fine, but the game frequently freezes for a moment.

My main concern, though, is that the game is operating at 60 FPS but the animation fails to play. It's often just still characters while the sound is absolutely fine. And this is during cutscenes.

Given the age of the actual original PC version and the type of animation, I would not be surprised if it required special settings, but I am unsure what those would be.

I'm not too concerned with graphics, because they're very smoothly drawn to start with. My desire is for the animation to remain smooth while in motion. I have Razer Cortex available as a booster, but as of yet that seemed to make no difference when I tried it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Several games may have black screen during cutscenes and animations, in that case, enable XFB to Virtual or to Real if Virtual does not work. If it does not work, maybe setting Texture cache to Safe or Enabling EFB copies to RAM works.

And, i noticed, if you have x64 OS PLEASE download the x64 releases, x86 releases are about 15 - 60% slower and are really outdated. Maybe using one of the latest developing versions will solve the problem.

twistoffate1

Thank you--I noticed using the latest Dolphin 5.0 helped some.

I have tried Virtual XFB and EFB copying to RAM first. That seemed to do nothing. I switched to Real XFB next with EFB still copying to RAM, no difference.

I kept those settings and then moved the Texture slider the whole way to safe, and that seems to have worked! Thank you!

Perhaps the Wii version of this game is meant to run faster, but the animations seem super quick, sometimes the dialogue, too. But that is not an issue for me. I consider this solved!
You're welcome anytime!
But, where's the moderator magic wand?