Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory card damage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey. I'm trying to play super monkey ball, but whenever I launch the game I get a message that says, "the file on the memory card has been damaged." I don't know why this is showing up. Do i need a GameCube SD card in order to run the game? If not, what can I do to fix it?
Were you using save states?
(07-29-2017, 11:20 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Were you using save states?

What are save states
(07-29-2017, 12:33 PM)HypnoSpeaker Wrote: [ -> ]What are save states

OH! I found them XD thanks
No, savestates could realistically cause that error and will probably glitch out the game eventually.
If this is your first game you need to format the memory card. Follow the game's instructions to do so.
(07-30-2017, 01:22 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]No, savestates could realistically cause that error and will probably glitch out the game eventually.
If this is your first game you need to format the memory card. Follow the game's instructions to do so.

It doesn't have instructions
You can find instructions online. E.g., the entire manual can be found here.

I believe you can reformat the memory card through the GC BIOS, but a better way would be to just make a new memory card file in Dolphin (making a copy of the old one so you don't lose any other saves).
(08-01-2017, 12:23 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]You can find instructions online. E.g., the entire manual can be found here.

I believe you can reformat the memory card through the GC BIOS, but a better way would be to just make a new memory card file in Dolphin (making a copy of the old one so you don't lose any other saves).

Okay thanks Big Grin