Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is my pc is good enough to run dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
like what the title said
my cpu is intel core 2 duo E4600 2.40ghz
my gpu is nvidia quadro fx 580
my ram is 3GB
what can i run wii or game cube
and for the love of god can someone please tell me how can i setup the wii on my controller and the game cube controller i have a normal controller i only tried to setup the nintendo 64 controller and i failed so bad that i deleted the emulator but only if it works thanks
Your CPU is too slow to play anything in Dolphin and your GPU is too slow to push even 1x internal resolution, not to mention would only work with the Direct3D backend.
(07-19-2017, 09:35 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is too slow to play anything in Dolphin and your GPU is too slow to push even 1x internal resolution, not to mention would only work with the Direct3D backend.

thanks for the respond now can you please tell me what is the recommended system to play the wii games best
i am going to upgrade my pc to
cpu intel core i5 7600k
gpu nvidia geforce gtx 1050
and 6GB ram
will that be enough
That'll be enough, yep. Dunno why you'd get 6 GB of RAM instead of 8, but that doesn't really hinder you from playing Dolphin.
(07-19-2017, 09:52 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]That'll be enough, yep. Dunno why you'd get 6 GB of RAM instead of 8, but that doesn't really hinder you from playing Dolphin.
again thanks for the respond and i will get 8 GB ram thanks for the advice
If you really want to overclock, the 7600K is good... but the regular 7600 is more powerful than you need for any Wii or GameCube game. I'm running a 7600 at stock speed and everything works great.
(07-19-2017, 10:23 PM)GreenT Wrote: [ -> ]If you really want to overclock, the 7600K is good... but the regular 7600 is more powerful than you need for any Wii or GameCube game. I'm running a 7600 at stock speed and everything works great.

That depends on how future proof they want it and their mobo.
(07-19-2017, 10:24 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]That depends on how future proof they want it and their mobo.

There are no new Wii or GameCube games being released. The 7600 handles everything fine with plenty of available headroom. 

If the OP intends to use this as a dedicated Dolphin box, as I do, then there really is no need for a 7600K. But if he wants to do Cemu or something else with it later on, then an overclockable CPU makes sense.
But Dolphin's requirements can change over time to possibly be more demanding.
I talking about other PC stuff, but yeah.
Pages: 1 2