Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lines across screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Michiganfan0308

Hello!

I recently began using Dolphin and when trying to play games I have these vertical lines that come down across the screen making it incredibly difficult to use. I've attached an image to show what I mean. Any tips for how to fix this?

Thanks!

(Game is NBA Street Vol. 2)

[attachment=16150]
We donĀ“t support older versions than latest stable (5.0).

Try with the lastest dev build from the "Download" page.

Michiganfan0308

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I went ahead and upgraded to 5.0-321 and having the same issue.
The opening movie and the other in game movies do this, but the game play is fine. I have played vol 2 and I am currently playing vol 3, possibly software mode might fix this, but it should not actually interfere with gameplay.

Software mode does fix the video (and by fix I mean it looks right if it was meant to run at 6-10 frames per second)
What about the latest dolphin dev build? As of this post, the latest is 5.0-4726
On 4726 the videos still have the same issue on openGL, Vulkan, DirectX 11 (fresh install, portable mode, default everything including resolution) all have the same issue with the opening videos and minor issues with the animated part of the main menu, but just like the stable version the actual gameplay is fine (even the replays)

Software mode fixes the issue but still runs at 6-10 frames per second so .... yea.

Same behavior on vol 3 as well.
Sounds like the EA video bug that affects mostly nvidia users:
https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/7193

It's a known issue, but nobody is working on it.

Michiganfan0308

Hey TK, you were absolutely right. The game looks fine once I'm actually playing it. Thanks for the advice!