Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Leave Dolphin permanently suspended for quick access?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - Is it OK or advisable to keep Dolphin permanently minimized/suspended when not in use for quick access? I want to have my TV permanently connected to my PC so that anytime I can quickly switch over the PC's output from my monitor to the TV and jump into a game on there straight away without having to load Dolphin, the game and my save.

I realise that Dolphin will take up a chunk of ram but I'll have 16Gb, so I don't think it'll be a problem. Am I right that in this suspended state, the game will use no processor?

Of course I can just quick save when I've finished a session to make sure I don't lose anything If the PC needs to reboot for some reason..
You should be fine. It's not as if Dolphin constantly eats memory when it's paused. All emulation should freeze up, and only the GUI should be working at that time.
(07-17-2017, 11:54 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]You should be fine. It's not as if Dolphin constantly eats memory when it's paused. All emulation should freeze up, and only the GUI should be working at that time.

Thanks Smile

And is the performance likely to deteriorate having Dolphin on the same partition as your regular windows partition? I mean installing PC games and all the other crap that clogs up a PC over time? I guess the ideal way is to give it it's own partition but I don't think that'll work for me..
(07-18-2017, 12:35 AM)andykara2003 Wrote: [ -> ]And is the performance likely to deteriorate having Dolphin on the same partition as your regular windows partition? I mean installing PC games and all the other crap that clogs up a PC over time? I guess the ideal way is to give it it's own partition but I don't think that'll work for me..

No, that's not a problem.
Thanks very much appreciated Smile