Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil 2 and 3 slowdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

konx

I started playing RE2 and had no problem running it. I even streamed it to twitch with no slowdowns or lag. After i completed it, i wanted to do the same thing with RE3 and realised it was getting drops in percentage at certain areas of the map. When i got to the part were you are supposed to light the rope soked in gazoline, it was just to much to bare. Both the fps and sound dropped to as low as 60%. It seemed to be triggered by the zombies, the more of them, the slower the emulation. I have realised dolphin is pretty demanding and other people has had problems with RE3. I would just like to know if there is anything i could do to get it to work or if my setup is just to crappy to even bother. One odd thing worth mentioning is that i can't even play RE2 anymore without it slowing down, so i'm hoping there's some settings i have changed that might be the issue. I took the screenshot of the CPU when the game was at it's slowest. Any help would be appreciated. 

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.50Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GT610
6GB RAM
Dolphin 5.0
That's uh...quite the slow PC you have there, not really anything you can do other than get a new one.