Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 100% complete authentic Mario galaxy 1&2 texture packs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, are there any 100% complete texture packs for the Mario Galaxy games that are really true to the original artwork, i.e. just look like high res versions of the original textures in 1080p/4K?

And do these games look fine without texture packs? The original textures were so clean and simple I thought maybe they might scale up pretty well as they are?
If you use some of the latest dev builds of Dolphin on either the OpenGL backend (very fast for Nvidia cards) or the Vulkan backend, you can crank up the Internal resolution to 3x or 4x and it looks absolutely amazing, even without a texture pack.
Fantastic thanks for that - I have a leaning towards staying true to the original intended look of the game actually, so good to know the original textures still look good Smile
There is a texture pack for these games, and even if you like the original textures better, it can be nice to use the parts that replace the UI with something more suited for a modern screen resolution.
Great point - the original low res UI can look unsightly against the uprezzed graphics I've noticed. Is there a way of *just* using the UI elements of a texture pack and not the other textures?
(07-18-2017, 06:52 AM)andykara2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Great point - the original low res UI can look unsightly against the uprezzed graphics I've noticed. Is there a way of *just* using the UI elements of a texture pack and not the other textures?

From what I remember one if not both of the texture packs are just too UI related. However,  if they are not, all you need to do after downloading and installing the pack is opening it up and deleting anything that is not in the UI folder. 
Thanks for that, great to know. That's been the biggest problem with the N64 emulating for me. The games look better at higher resolutions, AA, AF etc. but specifically for Zelda and Mario, I couldn't find redone UIs that were really true to the original look. They all looked off and overdone to me & I was just looking for reworked icons etc that looked as close as possible to the original. The original low res UI elements look pretty rough & take away from the otherwise nicely upgraded visuals.

From what I see, Dolphin is different though and it's amazing to see all these texture packs that really enhance the original look of the games in the right way. I may not ending up using them but it'll be fun trying them out..