Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Not Responding?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lavino19

So I've been using Dolphin for over a year. I've been using it for a good year perfectly fine on Windows 10, FPS was quite smooth and ROM's were all running perfectly fine. However, I did not use it for a while after that (maybe a good 5 months). Then I went to open it and when I loaded a ROM, it would open up the screen that runs the game, except the game wouldn't run it would just be a black screen. Sometimes the yellow loading text would appear, sometimes the percentages at the top along with the FPS would show (though it always shows FPS:0 or FPS:1, and no it wasn't actually running at 1 FPS because I let it load for like an hour to see if it was actually running at that FPS and it was still a black screen). And sometimes it's JUST a black screen and this is for all my ROMS which used to all work perfectly fine. And when I try to close the screen, it takes forever to close and then says that Dolphin isn't responding. I've been trying to make it work for about two weeks now, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, I've deleted all the dolphin related files in My Documents. I've tried most suggestions on Dolphin forums that usually fixed others problems but it doesn't seem to be the case with mine. I have the required Microsoft C++ but I do have a lot of other Microsoft C++'s in my programs list as well, does it have to do with that? Any suggestions?
What video backend are you using? Have you tried using D3d11? Also, might be a good idea to post your graphic settings

Lavino19

(07-16-2017, 03:49 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]What video backend are you using?  Have you tried using D3d11?  Also, might be a good idea to post your graphic settings

You are the realest MVP GOAT, changing the backend worked. Thank you so much