Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing GameCube Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so, everytime I "save" my Animal Crossing game, it says it's been successfully saved. So, when it goes to the title screen and says "press start" I get the exact same introduction as I did when I started it for the very first time. I'm using Dolphin 5.0, my slot A memory card is located here:

Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GC\USA\Card A

And both a & b is in the memory card manager, and for some reason it's not working, I have never really used emulators before so I don't mean to be stupid, I even looked on google for hours and nothing has helped me, and no, there is no save file on Slot A in memory card manager, it's completely blank and the only way open it is to go into Load State. Please help Sad
Save states and just saves are different. Only a normal ingame save is automatically loaded.
(07-15-2017, 11:23 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Save states and just saves are different. Only a normal ingame save is automatically loaded.

Thanks, but, I knew that, but is there anyway I can turn into into a actual save instead of a ingame save?
I'm calling actual and ingame saves the same. If you mean to make a proper save from a savestate you can try making a normal save but anti savegame copying might screw you up.
(07-15-2017, 11:55 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I'm calling actual and ingame saves the same. If you mean to make a proper save from a savestate you can try making a normal save but anti savegame copying might screw you up.

Oh, how do you do that?
To make a regular save in Animal Crossing, talk to the gyroid in front of your house. (If you've just started playing, you first need to complete the tasks that Tom Nook has given you.)
(07-15-2017, 04:29 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]To make a regular save in Animal Crossing, talk to the gyroid in front of your house. (If you've just started playing, you first need to complete the tasks that Tom Nook has given you.)

I did, and then I try to reenter my town and it no longer exists according to the game. Sad