Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save files on 5.0-321
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Alterrequiem

First post, hello.

Ive been attempting to play gauntlet dark legacy on netplay with friends and i had some success, but weve been having issues with save files. To avoid desyncs we had to copy every aspect of data written on the save file. We had an unrelated desync happen during the save process, and now the data is mismatched causing a desync every time we try to save. What i want to do is just wipe everything and try starting fresh, but the save data is the weirdest thing. I go to memcard manager and have the memcardA.raw selected but theres no visible information displayed in the left box for port A. The data is being written there, but there are seemingly no games on that card. My first idea was to have the memcard manager create and format a new memcardA.raw and try using that, but all of my previous data was still there. I even tried wiping everything dolphin related and reinstalled dolphin and when memcard manager created the memcardA.raw again, all my save files were still there like nothing happened. What the hell is happening, and how do i format my save data?
There is no reason to use -321 unless you are playing smash (and even then it is only because people don't have to update their version to play with each other).
As for your issue you are possibly using a gci folder and not a raw memory card.

Alterrequiem

http://imgur.com/a/DgRHs

Does this screenshot tell you anything?
I have the EXACT same issue, I wonder whats going on...?
Quote:As for your issue you are possibly using a gci folder and not a raw memory card.
Check Config → GameCube → Slot A, it is probably "GCI Folder". In this case, the game saves are stored under GC/<region>/Card A/*.gci (where each file represents an file/save on the memory card)

Alterrequiem

i have switched the settings from the memory card setting to the GCI folder setting, and back again. there is no change in where this phantom data is being loaded from. any other ideas?
It could be differing sram, ISOs not matching up, etc.

Alterrequiem

(07-16-2017, 10:22 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It could be differing sram, ISOs not matching up, etc.

can you describe what SRAM is for me, and how it could be affecting this? I know its a RAW file created alongside the memory card raw, but i dont know what its funtion is. also, the ISO is from the same exact source, so thats not it.