Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin running Wii games slow (but didn't used to...)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I tried running Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the first time in a few months and it's running pretty slow--60-80%. Tried a couple more games and it turns out the problem is only Wii games; my GC games still run fine. Here are my specs:

Intel i7-6700HQ @2.60GHz
GeForce GTX 90M
16gb RAM, 4gb VRAM
Windows 10 x64

Please don't just say my computer isn't good enough, because a few months ago it was running every Wii game I tried on it at near-100%. I hadn't changed any settings in Dolphin (now I've tried changing everything that looks like it might make a difference, but nothing really made it any slower or faster), but I did have to reinstall the OS recently. Any suggestions on what to check that might be causing this? Thanks!
Have you reinstalled your GPU driver? Maybe all Wii games you tested happened to be more GPU intensive than your GameCube games.
Ah, I didn't think of that. Just updated it; can't see any change.
Try deleting your settings files and restoring the settings manually. If it persists, delete the texture caches as well. That worked for me. 
Thanks; just tried that. I think it sped up a little, though still not to playable speed. When I get time I'll try just deleting everything and reinstalling Dolphin completely in case I missed something.
After completely reinstalling Dolphin, Super Paper Mario runs at pretty close to full speed (not surprising) but most of my other wii games (including Radiant Dawn, Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy) still run pretty slow, hovering around 70-80% depending on what's on screen. I'm lost.
Set the virtual CPU clock to 125%, and make sure the audio backend is set to Cubeb. May also help to enable GPU texture decoding and Virtual XFB.
Why do you think overclocking the Wii CPU would increase his performance? It's going to do the exact opposite. And since you haven't yet, try posting all of your graphics settings here, just to see if there's something you're missing.
When you installed the new GPU drivers, did you remake a high performance plan for Dolphin in the Nvidia Control Center? Also did you make sure Windows Power management is set to High Performance as well?