Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: There is no JIT when I run Dolphin Emulator on Ubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have tested Dolphin Emulator on OS X and Ubuntu and Windows,only Windows has JIT,Ubuntu and OS X does not have JIT.No JIT,no playable emulator games.Is there any solution that make Dolphin Emulator playable on Ubuntu and OS X?
Um, no? As a MacOS user, I assure you Dolphin's JIT works perfectly here! My boyfriend's system is Linux, and it has a JIT there too. Dolphin's x64 JIT is available on Windows, MacOS, Linux, and even FreeBSD!

Are you building Dolphin yourself? That's the only way I can image for the JIT to not appear...
JIT is a hardware/software depending technology,as cross platform software,macOS and Linux can not enable all hardware for JIT,as no customize.I have used macOS and Linux for 10 years,macOS Xcode does not have an JIT option,and macOS code does not have JIT code,Linux as same as macOS.My girlfriend love to play Wii,but it seems that Wii doesn't not have JIT since Wii does not have x86 as Dolphin mentioned.I have used FreeBSD,same as macOS.But I can not image Windows have JIT.Yes I know how to build software,but I am ill so I can not do that now,when I build software,I always use JIT.
(07-13-2017, 05:20 PM)cuthead Wrote: [ -> ]JIT is a hardware/software depending technology,as cross platform software,macOS and Linux can not enable all hardware for JIT,as no customize.I have used macOS and Linux for 10 years,macOS Xcode does not have an JIT option,and macOS code does not have JIT code,Linux as same as macOS.My girlfriend love to play Wii,but it seems that Wii doesn't not have JIT since Wii does not have x86 as Dolphin mentioned.I have used FreeBSD,same as macOS.But I can not image Windows have JIT.Yes I know how to build software,but I am ill so I can not do that now,when I build software,I always use JIT.
Sorry, but nope.

We provide a JIT on two plattforms: x86_64 and aarch64. They are enabled by default without any dependencies and tested on *lots* of plattforms (windows, linux, macos, android, bsd, ...). The only known not-working plattform is iOS.

So I guess you've compiled a 32 bit binary? I'm sorry, we've dropped our 32 bit JIT a few years ago.
(07-13-2017, 05:39 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but nope.

We provide a JIT on two plattforms: x86_64 and aarch64. They are enabled by default without any dependencies and tested on *lots* of plattforms (windows, linux, macos, android, bsd, ...). The only not-working known plattform is iOS.

So I guess you've compiled a 32 bit binary? I'm sorry, we've dropped our 32 bit JIT a few years ago.

I am using 32 bit and 64 bit.Just like Dolphin code,I do not care slow hardware or drop something that is unrelatd Dolphin.So I watch Dolphine code and see which platform you run Dolphine code.Of course,your run Dolphine on x86 machine despite your a lot of ** ii or 33.
I'm sorry but your English makes no sense. What are you trying to say? Try shorter sentences.
JIT NOW on a blue Linux OS
Sentence is shorter, but still makes no sense.

Use an x64 (64-bit) version Ubuntu. Compile that from source. Dolphin will now run with a JIT recompiler by default. If you use a 32-bit version of Ubuntu, the JIT recompiler won't work.

If you're getting slow speeds on your computer, the problem is probably your hardware at that point. Your profile says you have an i3-2100 (kinda slow by today's standards), and you're using an Intel HD 2000. I don't think we even support the HD 2000. Your GPU is likely too weak, and therefore slowing down the rest of Dolphin, which would explain a lot of problems.
(07-14-2017, 12:33 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Sentence is shorter, but still makes no sense.

Use an x64 (64-bit) version Ubuntu. Compile that from source. Dolphin will now run with a JIT recompiler by default. If you use a 32-bit version of Ubuntu, the JIT recompiler won't work.

If you're getting slow speeds on your computer, the problem is probably your hardware at that point. Your profile says you have an i3-2100 (kinda slow by today's standards), and you're using an Intel HD 2000. I don't think we even support the HD 2000. Your GPU is likely too weak, and therefore slowing down the rest of Dolphin, which would explain a lot of problems.

Maybe you mean JIT but not 64 32 16 8 4 1 2 3 or some other number.
I use NVdia Geforce GTX 650 Ti BOOSt and AMD Radeon HD 6870 Video card as parallel device for Video production,but not Dolphin JIT.
In Dolphin NVdia Geforce GTX 650 Ti BOOSt and AMD Radeon HD 6870 does not accerate Dolphin JIT.
Dolphin does support Direct X 10,I do not care cosmetic.I want Dolphin JIT.
I really love to try SkyLake for Dolphin JIT
Are you aware that there is a difference is between a 32-bit operating system and a 64-bit operating system?

Dolphin only supports 64-bit operating systems. Any Mac OSX operating system greater than 10.7 is 64-bit only. When you download Ubuntu, it automatically downloads the 64-bit version, meaning you would have to go out of your way to find and download a 32-bit Ubuntu operating system.

Any CPU newer than an Intel Core 2 Duo is 64-bit, and anything newer than the AMD Athlon 64 is also 64-bit, meaning there's no reason you should be installing anything other than a 64-bit operating system on any modern CPU.

Now, JIT is code that runs on the CPU, it has nothing to do with your GPU. However, Dolphin has minimum requirements, that if not met by the GPU, will cause emulation to slow down. The Intel HD 2000, listed in your profile, does not meet the minimum requirements for Dolphin. Since you stated you are using a Nvidia GTX 650 Ti and also have an AMD Radeon HD 6870, then your computer is meeting the minimum requirements for the GPU.

The CPU is the only thing that matters when it comes to the JIT. If you look at the following picture, you'll see that the JIT options are located in the Config section of Dolphin, not Graphics. Notice above the JIT is says CPU Emulator Engine? That's because it runs on the CPU. The GPU doesn't speed up the JIT. DirectX has no impact on JIT.

I suggest you take some screenshots of your settings and post them here so that we can help you verify that you have your Dolphin configuration setup properly. You can upload them to a website like Imgur (like I do) and then paste the links here.

[Image: D5NzHDh.png]
Pages: 1 2