Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Shop Channel/BootMii NAND
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I dumped my NAND with BootMii the other day, unfortunately, Dolphin insists it's an invalid dump when I use the "Import NAND from BootMii" option. After manually extracting it, it works fine. Unfortunately, I wanted to download a few things from the shop channel, and it keeps telling me I don't have certificates from a real Wii. How would I go about manually extracting/installing my certificates, the "extract certificates from NAND" option seems to do nothing. I can re-dump if need be; but it is a bit of a pain in the ass, since my Wii's SD card slot is dying, I'd like to make one solid backup for all eternity.

I also saw something about the shop channel being picky about installed channels; my Wii has a bunch of custom injects installed, is it possible I'll have to remove those before I dump?
Which version of Dolphin is this happening in?
(07-11-2017, 11:44 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Which version of Dolphin is this happening in?

It was happening in 5.0-4687, but it was also happening in the version I had before that (about a week old).  I haven't updated yet today, been playing around, trying to get an SD card set up.
IMO, you should keep your NAND image for the actual backup (since you can't repack Dolphin's extracted NAND tree into a working image, because Dolphin throws metadata out the window).

If you were able to access the shop on your real Wii, then you shouldn't have to delete anything to access it on the shop. (If you do, it may be a bug in Dolphin.)

What version of the system menu is your Wii running? If the extract certificates option does not work, this means it may be too old. In this case, you can have Dolphin update your emulated Wii for you in Tools > Perform Online System Update. Dolphin will automatically extract certificates at the end of the update, too.

For the shop, make sure you also have your keys.bin in the NAND root.
(07-11-2017, 06:36 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]IMO, you should keep your NAND image for the actual backup (since you can't repack Dolphin's extracted NAND tree into a working image, because Dolphin throws metadata out the window).

If you were able to access the shop on your real Wii, then you shouldn't have to delete anything to access it on the shop. (If you do, it may be a bug in Dolphin.)

What version of the system menu is your Wii running? If the extract certificates option does not work, this means it may be too old. In this case, you can have Dolphin update your emulated Wii for you in Tools > Perform Online System Update. Dolphin will automatically extract certificates at the end of the update, too.

For the shop, make sure you also have your keys.bin in the NAND root.

Well, the good news is, it seems it was just a bad dump.  I re-dumped from my Wii, and now it works fine (I was on 4.3U, btw, so I was totally updated).  My problem now, is it thinks the system menu is full (probably because my NAND is currently 36 GB); any idea how to suppress that message?
the NAND has hardcoded limits, 36GB is a bit much. We'd have to implement a hack so that everything reports as not using space lol.
how is your NAND 36 GB

wtf do you have installed
every Rock Band DLC is all that's installed (aside from all the other NAND stuff). I'd move it to an SD Card image, but dolphin seems to shit itself when it tries to move any of it. I can move other saves and channels fine. Rock Band DLC though, it's basically bound to the NAND. Any ideas? If I have to keep a Rock Band NAND and an "everything else" NAND that's fine, but I'd like to avoid doing that.
What's the issue with moving it to the SD card?
(07-12-2017, 07:19 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]What's the issue with moving it to the SD card?

when I try to move it via the system menu, it gives me a generic "the data may not have been copied/move" error.  When in-game, it gives me another error (I can't remember which ATM, I think it was 202011), I'll make another "SD Card" and try again later to get screenshots and the like.  It seems to only be an issue with the Rock Band DLC
Pages: 1 2