Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The last story vulkan or ogl?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey!

I was just wondering which backend is faster in the latest dev build. Any specific settings in vulkan i should try? Could I run the game on this rev full speed? or should i just switch to older revs.

I5 4670K stock, r9 270X, win7  ultimate.

I had trouble running the game fullspeed in the palace a on 4.-something maybe over a year ago^^. Did it change?
I would use Vulkan or D3D for your AMD GPU regardless of what you play. Try Vulkan first.
D3D got removed didnt it though?Big Grin Atleast it gives me an error message when i try to use it. I'll try vulkan thanksSmile for now ogl was fullspeed too with gpu decoding, but I got heavy stutters. Wiki says its normal though so meh
People will hate me for this, but i'm going to do it anyways...

Try this fork of Dolphin:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version
It has a hack that allows to run the last story with efb to texture instead of efb to ram, nearly doubling the performance. But i'm not sure if it's enabled by default, or if you have to mess with settings. If you have problems or questions about it, you need to ask in that thread though. Experiment a bit with it, using TAB to disable to the framelimit, to see what i'm talking about with the performance.

The alternative would be to set a hotkey to toggle between efb2ram and efb2tex, start the game, play until it did load the clothes, and then use the hotkey to switch to efb2tex.

Also, dx12 was removed, dx11 is still supported. Some of the development builds were broken, but it's fixed now with the latest version.
ah i thought complete dx support was dropped lol. I am using the latest dev build and dx11 still instantly crashes on boot in every game. Atleast for me. Thanks for the suggestion I already fired up the ishiiruka version. Although i have no idea how to enable the speedhack. Already asked there: ) Have a nice day!
Have you tried running the DirectX Web updater tool to see if you're missing anything?
That was the first thing I tried. It says its up to date. Stable and ishiiruka versions work fine.
Please post the exact version number of the development build that you're using.
Does Vulcan have better performance than D3D? I'm using D3D11 as OpenGL has slight stutter on Mario Kart animations, D3D works just as well as in Wii. If I switch to Vulcan, game closes immediately after launching, any ideas why? I'm using Radeon HD 7750.
dolphin-master-5.0-4698-x64 I was using this one. It was the same on a rev a day before this one.
Pages: 1 2