Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rockband and Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

trueanimus

I have been trying to run the music games on dolphin with the xplorer guitar (xbox 360 version) and i have found that the guitar hero titles all work while the Rock Band ones (including the beatles rockband) all have key config problems. The games load but the controller for rockband games seems to be set on a different configuration which leads me to believe there is something in the coding for the control decoding that may just be a typo.

The beatles rock band for example, when you load a song to play (hey Bulldog for example) the game loads cant buy me love, and it seems that the green and yellow keys are bound as one, as well as other controller problems. Other than the controller issues the games run perfectly and at full speed.

These games worked great back in 4.0 version, any idea on a schedule for a key fix for them in the 5.0+ versions?

thanks =)
Can you post a screenshot of how you've configured the emulated guitar controller?

trueanimus

there ya go. As you can see.. all keys are mapped seperate (and they work for all guitar hero games) its just when you load rock band games, the emulator reads them as bound together so when you hit Green only... it shows you are pressing green and yellow... etc.
Have you tried unmapping the buttons of the emulated Wii Remote (not including the guitar extension controller)? The way you have it set up right now, Dolphin considers you to be pressing (for instance) the 2 button on the Wii Remote at the same time as you're pressing the green button on the guitar extension controller. You might also want to map the guitar d-pad to something else than what the guitar strum bar is mapped to.

trueanimus

(07-10-2017, 03:56 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried unmapping the buttons of the emulated Wii Remote (not including the guitar extension controller)? The way you have it set up right now, Dolphin considers you to be pressing (for instance) the 2 button on the Wii Remote at the same time as you're pressing the green button on the guitar extension controller. You might also want to map the guitar d-pad to something else than what the guitar strum bar is mapped to.

I don't think this would matter since it seems tie be a problem with the rockband games themselves... Since it works perfect with guitar hero ones. 

Can anyone else confirm that the current version of dolphin actually does work with rockband games?  

I don't think its my config though... Hasn't changed at all and used to work with the rockband games before. 
(07-10-2017, 03:56 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried unmapping the buttons of the emulated Wii Remote (not including the guitar extension controller)? The way you have it set up right now, Dolphin considers you to be pressing (for instance) the 2 button on the Wii Remote at the same time as you're pressing the green button on the guitar extension controller. You might also want to map the guitar d-pad to something else than what the guitar strum bar is mapped to.

THIS 100% I was having the same issue a while ago... this fixed it...
Played GH's, BH and Rockband's (except for RB1) without any issue, I still love these games, I'm just so sad that guitars are becoming more and more rare... so I currently have 6 guitars: 2 GH3 Wii-tars, 1 GH4 Wii-tar, 1 GH:WOR Wii-tar, 1 Fake PS2-3/Wii/Xbox360 guitar and 1 GH:WoR PS3-tar and a (now broken) Wii-drumkit... all work flawlessly and Passthrough is the bomb Big Grin The only thing I really can't wait for is IOS becoming threaded for at least WiiConnect24 so I can finally start FC'ing expertmode again (I moved and left my GH+RB games at my mom and have a broken Wii and since I don't have the discs here I can't play them on my Wii-U, so I am unable to play them properly) Tongue
(07-10-2017, 07:16 AM)trueanimus Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think this would matter since it seems tie be a problem with the rockband games themselves... Since it works perfect with guitar hero ones. 

If I recall correctly, Guitar Hero games ignore the button inputs on the Wii Remote when a guitar extension controller is connected, but Rock Band games don't.

trueanimus

(07-10-2017, 11:54 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall correctly, Guitar Hero games ignore the button inputs on the Wii Remote when a guitar extension controller is connected, but Rock Band games don't.

Great news.. this worked. Yeah you were right.. rockband doesnt ignore the inputs while guitar hero does.. so that was the problem. Killed all the wii mote settings, configed the guitar and it worked flawlessly..

One question though, what setting under guitar triggers the star power? i know that you have to shake the guitar usually on the console... but not sure what setting that would be in dolphin.  

Any idea?
(07-11-2017, 12:02 AM)trueanimus Wrote: [ -> ]One question though, what setting under guitar triggers the star power? i know that you have to shake the guitar usually on the console... but not sure what setting that would be in dolphin.  

Any idea?

It's one of the motion controls of the Wii Remote itself. (I'm not sure exactly which one, but try the tilt ones.) The Wii Guitar Hero controllers actually rely on the accelerometer in the Wii Remote rather than having tilt detection built into the guitar, unlike the guitar controllers for other consoles.

You can also use the - button on the guitar controller.

mystikro

(07-11-2017, 12:02 AM)trueanimus Wrote: [ -> ]Great news.. this worked. Yeah you were right.. rockband doesnt ignore the inputs while guitar hero does.. so that was the problem. Killed all the wii mote settings, configed the guitar and it worked flawlessly..

One question though, what setting under guitar triggers the star power? i know that you have to shake the guitar usually on the console... but not sure what setting that would be in dolphin.  

Any idea?

Hi,

Could you please post the solution in detail? I have an Xplorer guitar and it's driving me nuts. I tried disabling the Wii buttons and still it does not detect the guitar and instead I get the mic not plugged in message.
Pages: 1 2