Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my NVIDIA GPU card enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dolphobia615

Undecided  I'm not sure if it's my graphics (if not, it's a bug), CPU (Intel Pentium) or my RAM. Look at my specs, do they look like they fit in well with my Dolphin 4.0.2? All the DEV builds are for Windows 64 bit and my CPU isn't x86 based Sad so I cannot run the DEV builds. Is there any way that I can fix the pixel shader error? Do I need to run an older version of Dolphin? Huh  I have no idea. I'm definitely not using the Intel GMA series. I have this problem playing New Super Mario Bros.
---------------------------------------------
Debug info (ps_3_0):
(25): error X4555: invalid type used for 'VPOS' input semantics
---------------------------------------------------------------
^^^
Above message is repeated and same text is written in all other logs (0001, 0002, 0003, etc.)
More error info attached: bad_ps_0000.txt

Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz 2.79GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
RAM: (Different brands) 2.00GB
Version: Dolphin 4.0.2 for x86
Do you have the latest drivers available for that GPU? Because if you do and it still gives you problems then the GPU doesn't meet the minimum specifications needed to run Dolphin.
You can build a new computer that'll run Dolphin wonderfully for around $400

Dolphobia615

(07-08-2017, 07:44 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the latest drivers available for that GPU? Because if you do and it still gives you problems then the GPU doesn't meet the minimum specifications needed to run Dolphin.
You can build a new computer that'll run Dolphin wonderfully for around $400

I have driver version 307.83. However, my DirectX runtime is over my DirectX support. Huh  Can you please check that 307.83 is the latest driver? I don't want to have to spend $400 for a building a new PC. Also, I don't know how to build a PC.
Your GPU does not support DirectX 11/OpenGL 4.4 which is recomended.... the real issue is your card does not even support DirectX 10 /OpenGL 3.0 either which is the bare minimum.

It was not until the 8 series cards that support for the feture set of the minium Dolphin requires got added. This is a pure hardware issue and there is no driver or software solution that will fix your issue. Basically Dolphin is trying to use features that are common on newer GPUs but simply do not exist on yours.
Your CPU -does- support x64. But even if you update to a 64-bit OS, it won´t be enough to run most games (let alone your GPU).
Technically the last driver for your GPU would be 309.08, but it won't solve your problem: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRes...2701/en-us

Building a PC is super easy these days. It's like electric LEGOs. But if you can't/don't want to spend that much money, you'll at least need to get a new GPU. At the very least, a Nvidia 8800 GT or GTX is the bare minimum you'll need. They're like $20 on Ebay. Or you can dig around Ebay and try to find a cheap GTX 750/750 Ti, like this one which will meet all your Dolphin needs. But you may need a new power supply, which are around $40.

Or build a PC. Here's a $400 PC that you can build really easily: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nnVFkT No GPU in this setup because the built-in Intel iGPU meets Dolphin's requirements. If you want to play fancy PC games or increase Dolphin's resolution higher than like 2x, you can shop around to find a cheap dedicated GPU.
Penguin G4600 clocked at 3.6 GHz
Intel HD 630
1 TB HDD
4 GB RAM
Windows 10 home 64-bit

How to build a computer: http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Computer

Edit: I found this today. It's an Acer computer with better specs than the build your own PC for only $350. Amazon link
i3-7100 clocked at 3.9 GHz
Intel HD 630
1TB HDD
Wifi and Bluetooth
DVD drive
8 GB RAM
Windows 10 home 64-bit
Plus a keyboard and mouse