Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Custom Banners Within Games List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that since the Development Build: Dolphin 5.0-4478 custom banners within the games list stopped working. As of the latest development build, it still does not work as intended.

Normally, I create a new folder containing a game (either GameCube, Wii or Virtual Console) and an icon.png file. It tended to work for every file or game that shows up in the games list (as far as my memory extends to).

If more information is needed, let me know. Or if I should make a bug report for it. My specs are in my profile.
This was removed when the game list speedups was made, but I don't know if that was intentional or not. (Checking for the existence of PNG files does make game list loading slower, at least the way we were implementing it. But at the same time, it's a feature that some people do use...) There is already a report about it on the issue tracker: https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/10366

EDIT: Just to clarify, it still works with DOL and ELF files. It was only removed for discs and WADs.
Ahh good to know, thanks for the clarification anyway.