Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No more Windows Support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been frequenting the downloads page, and I noticed that past 4507, none of the latest development versions seem to be aviable for Windows. Is there no longer going to be any support for Windows period now? I love this emulator so much; it would be so unfortunate if I had to buy a freaking mac to get any more emulator updates...I don't want to no longer use my Windows Computer; please don't stop supporting Windows!
We only support FreeBSD now
(07-06-2017, 02:54 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]We only support FreeBSD now

Well I've only touched it in a VM, I guess I'll have to triple boot with Win 10 Edu version, Arch Linux, and now FreeBSD so I can get my HiDef Xenoblade and ToS fix.
This is just a temporary problem with the buildbots. We have no plans to stop supporting Windows.
Yeah, drop all things, DSound, D3D9, D3D12, x86 Big Grin Oh and while you're at it Also drop x86_64, D3D11, Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenAL, Xaudio2, Cubeb, Xinput, Dinput... it makes it much easier to maintain Big Grin

JKJK Big Grin
All aboard the freeBSD train
Effective immediately you need to make a custom Gentoo install to use Dolphin.

On a serious note, you can still build Dolphin yourself until the buildbots are fixed.
I was asking a serious question, yet there is way too much joking here for any actual seriousness to be had. When I ask a serious question, I expect to get serious answers. All not serious answers will be reported once this message goes up. I'm not having joke or off topicness for a serious concern, even if I'm not a mod. I super detest bullying, and joking on a serious matter is akin to bullying for me; bullying will get you nowhere with me, so don't try it.
On a more related note, the buildbots are having an error? Well this better get fixed quickly. I better not have to wait until November for an emulator update for Windows when I've been suffering a problem where once I load a Rom and then exit it, the rom refuses to be loaded and either crashes dolphin or messes up my entire computer. I've tried to reload already loaded roms for the update I do have, and haven't had any success in this department. I'd sooner stop using Dolphin altogether then have to get an entirely new computer in November JUST to play Dolphin again...
Now as far as for the person who suggested I build Dolphin myself I ask you, how the balls am I supposed to know what's changed with the newer updates on my own or at all as I doubt ANYONE wants to tell me something like that? Unless I know what exactly to change so I don't mess EVERYTHING up at once, the chances of me building Dolphin myself are slim as it is and that's saying nothing to the problem I have.
That's not going to make us start supporting Windows again
*sigh* Time for mom mode.

Kingclass101 Wrote:I was asking a serious question, yet there is way too much joking here for any actual seriousness to be had. When I ask a serious question, I expect to get serious answers. All not serious answers will be reported once this message goes up. I'm not having joke or off topicness for a serious concern, even if I'm not a mod. I super detest bullying, and joking on a serious matter is akin to bullying for me; bullying will get you nowhere with me, so don't try it.

Kingclass101: They were joking. They did not insult you, they didn't attack you, they didn't bully you - they just ran with a silly joke. They did nothing to you, and were just having fun. And they made it quite clear, especially mstreurman with the "JKJK"; JosJuice and Kurausukun even gave you a serious responses, so you knew what was going on. All of their comments were totally fine.

Yours however... was not. It has very aggressive wording, and presents itself with a lot of entitlement, like how dare they joke around while answering the question. Even outside what you direct toward the commenters here, your phrasing is super entitled.

Kingclass101 Wrote:Well this better get fixed quickly. I better not have to wait until ...

Sorry but, no one owes you anything. This is a volunteer project, and we will work on it or not as we see fit. If you are having issues with Dolphin and you just gotta play a game, play it on your Wii or GameCube, which is totally reliable and bug free. You should be grateful that people are giving their free time to make Dolphin and answer user questions like yours.

Kingclass101, your behavior here is toxic and will not be tolerated, so I am giving you a warning. If you continue to act this way you are not welcome on our forums.
Pages: 1 2