Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Frankly, I'm getting tired of Project64, so I figured i'd get out of the ghetto game system emulators and try some of the fresh new stuff. (and im too stupid to configure that snazzy PS2 emulator)
And I would also like to apoligize, because Im almost positive the stuff i'm asking about is in here, I just can't find it for the life of me. I figured I'd get that out of the way to reduce the probability of getting bashed.
I have made progress from the getting started guide and FAQ, but I'm not there yet.
My specs:
-Windows Vista Home Premium
-Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
-3GIG RAM
-I think something else is supposed to go here, but I'm not sure

Anyways, I went through the getting started guide and changed the settings around. Now I actually get the emulation window to come up after I double click a game instead of a million errors, but I get 1 error (in the attached image) and no video output.

I use Direct X, which has been updated. Frankly, I have no idea to get this OpenGL plugin which apperently is the only one that works due to some "shading issue" in DX, so could anyone direct me to it? I'm beginning to think thats my problem.
I really don't know where else to turn, or what to narrow the issue down to. Even if in the end it can't work on my computer, I just want to know so I can stop fighting it.
Yes, the games I used are approved (smash bros. and pikmen 2), so im pretty sure its not the games.
Help is much appreciated.
Especiallly after all this ranting xD
In fact, What is OpenGL? I went to their website, its not like its easy to find anything to download other than a gazillion developers tools...
(11-07-2009, 01:05 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]l2read: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4746.html
Unless you had some other purpose for that, all that gave me was a few updates for dolphin, not an answer to my problem...
thanks though..
the opengl plugin is built in to dolphin and if you didn't change it you are currently using it. And the dx plugin got fixed a while back now
well that sucks, because now I don't know whats wrong. Any ideas?
Quote:-Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

This isn't technically your video chip, but this family of chipsets will not run anything in OpenGL (not just Dolphin... try playing Quake 3!) and does not support DirectX 9, which is what we use. You can install DirectX 9 into Windows, but the graphics chip doesn't support the additional instructions.

BTW; You have a laptop. Unless you paid large amounts of money (read: over $1000 in the past year or two) you won't get something as advanced as Dolphin working on a laptop.
Well thats too bad. Atleast Thanks for the help Sad
PS: could i use PSX2? or am i screwed on that too?
You called it Pikmen. It hate it when people do thatAngry
(I'm not really angry, the smiley just fits)
Thank you for contributing so heavily to this topic >.>
You fail to use a newer build that actually has a functioning dx9 plugin. Your computer sucks too much anyways to do any real gaming.
Pages: 1 2