Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with Dolphin Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jmln1

Hi, I have a little problem after I installed the x64 version of Dolphin under Windows 7. Every time I change the settings, Dolphin doesnt seems to save them. Also, the games seems a bit slower compared to the x32 version of Dolphin running under Windows XP. And the sound is a bit buggy. But im most worried about the settings thing. What could it be?
My spects:

System : Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Intel Pentium Dual Core @2.0 GHZ, 2 GB Ram, Geforce 7200 GS

and thanks for the help.
Is the Dolphin folder set to read-only? Have you tried running a different build?

jmln1

Well, it seems that the problem is that with Windows 7 I cant change the Read Only attribute for any folder. So, since that seems to be the cause, anyone knows how to change it?
That sounds like an upgrade bug... Did you upgrade multiple versions of Windows 7 from one to the next? Or from Vista to 7? Or are you not running the RTM build?

Also, there are ways in the command line to remove the read-only flag... (The "attrib" command does it) Does that not work either?

Is your account not an Admin account?
Also... Try installing Dolphin to a different folder (like "C:\Dolphin") instead of the desktop or wherever you have it. Might just be where you're storing the emu that's permanently marked readonly, although I can't think of anywhere in Win7's file structure where that's the case...

jmln1

(11-08-2009, 08:08 PM)dstruct2k Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds like an upgrade bug... Did you upgrade multiple versions of Windows 7 from one to the next? Or from Vista to 7? Or are you not running the RTM build?

Also, there are ways in the command line to remove the read-only flag... (The "attrib" command does it) Does that not work either?

Is your account not an Admin account?
Also... Try installing Dolphin to a different folder (like "C:\Dolphin") instead of the desktop or wherever you have it. Might just be where you're storing the emu that's permanently marked readonly, although I can't think of anywhere in Win7's file structure where that's the case...
To answer all the questions...
The Windows 7 installation was a clear installation in a recently formatted partition. It was the first "official" edition.
Also, I tried several times the "Attrib" command... It hasnt worked.
My account has administrator rights.
I tried moving it to other folders and other disks, no results yet. If you can think of something else, please help me XD and thanks for the help.
UPDATE: When I try to make a "manual" change to the Dolphin.ini, I get access denied... Somebody knows why this happens?
sounds like you are having file permission issues. not dolphin issues.

LuisR14

where do you have your dolphin folder saved to?
(11-09-2009, 09:41 AM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like you are having file permission issues.
Right, that makes more sense...
Try going into the security tab of your Dolphin folder's properties and adding "Everyone" with "Full Control". That will let you unset readonly on the folder and it's content, and also update configs. Smile