Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii U Adapter w/ USB-C Adapter on 12' Macbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WeirdAppleQuestion

Hi there,

Obviously this is a very fringe situation, and something of a novelty. I primarily run Dolphin on my PC but I'm curious to see if I can get Dolphin running for some Melee on my 12' Macbook. The game seems to run fine, but I can't get Dolphin to recognize the the Wii U Gamecube controller adapter. Since the 12' Macbook doesn't have a USB port, I'm using the USB-C to USB/HDMI/USB-C adapter and plugging the black cable from the Wii U adapter in there. But I can't get any recognition from Dolphin at all.

Is there any way to get dolphin to recognize a gamecube controller with this set-up? Does anyone have any experience with something similar?

Thanks for the help!
Did you follow the instructions from https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...in_Dolphin

I am guessing it has nothing to do with the USB-C and everything to do with they way Mac handles hid (human interface devices) and the rest is nicely explained on the page.

WeirdAppleQuestion

(06-30-2017, 03:41 PM)TKSilver Wrote: [ -> ]Did you follow the instructions from https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...in_Dolphin

I am guessing it has nothing to do with the USB-C and everything to do with they way Mac handles hid (human interface devices) and the rest is nicely explained on the page.

Yes, I did.  I should have mentioned, I've installed this same version of Dolphin on a couple Macbooks before without issue which is why I was attributing the lack of recondition potentially to the usb-c adapter.
Were they all running the same version of OSX? Is it possible to test the adapter on them?

CptClean

Have you found a solution? I've set this up on my PC and it worked fine I know how to setup on PC like the back of my hand. I followed all of the right instructions for MAC and I'm not getting any results. I've tried several USB adapters (all of which are apple). And I have to conclude that it has to be something with he conversion/adapter.