Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote controller question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi fellas, I want to ask you a question. I'm about to buy a new wii remote plus for use on dolphin. But the seller said the wii remote+ he sold didn't work on the computer. Is that possible? I mean, is there a type of original wii controller that doesn't work on dolphin, or is the vendor selling non-original(third party) product? I am confused now. Thank you in advance for your helps .
He is absolutely wrong. -TR models work on Linux, Windows 8.1+, macOS and with Bluetooth Passthrough.

If it's a third-party model, it likely won't with Windows, but it will still work on Linux (both with or without passthrough), and on Windows with passthrough.
(06-29-2017, 05:47 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]He is absolutely wrong. -TR models work on Linux, Windows 8.1+, macOS and with Bluetooth Passthrough.

If it's a third-party model, it likely won't with Windows, but it will still work on Linux (both with or without passthrough), and on Windows with passthrough.

Thanks buddy, and one more thing. Does the same code appear when connecting to a third-party wiimote into pc. (rvl-cnt-01 or rvl-cnt-01-tr)? Or is there any other way we can understand a controller original product or  third-party. Because i saw a few controllers exactly same with the original one.
Check the Bluetooth address? (Assuming they don't just fake it and take one from Nintendo...) Also it's likely third party remotes won't be seen at all by Windows.
(06-29-2017, 09:29 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Check the Bluetooth address? (Assuming they don't just fake it and take one from Nintendo...) Also it's likely third party remotes won't be seen at all by Windows.

Most probably, each device has its own unique bluetooth address even if they are identical. So in my opinion, it is easier to understand by looking at if  the Windows detect or not. Btw, thanks again Smile)