Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transfer save data PC to Android?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to transfer GC save data from Windows to Android? I enjoy playing on both systems, and I'm failing to find the directory and file for the memory card with the save data on it. Also if this is not possible is there some kind of work around (quicksaves etc)? Thanks
On windows, it is your user, documents, dolphin emulator, GC. I think on android there is a dolphin emulator folder on SD.
(06-28-2017, 05:53 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]On windows, it is your user, documents, dolphin emulator, GC. I think on android there is a dolphin emulator folder on SD.

I have *.raw files in that folder on windows,  and in the android folder I have *.gci files,  I explored more on windows and saw a way under tools to change the save games to *.gci. there were no save games to transfer. Possibly I have the wrong GC memory card file on windows. I'll try changing the windows GC memory card to a different *.raw file and keep trying. 
(06-28-2017, 01:24 PM)Edgeforge Wrote: [ -> ]I have *.raw files in that folder on windows,  and in the android folder I have *.gci files,  I explored more on windows and saw a way under tools to change the save games to *.gci. there were no save games to transfer. Possibly I have the wrong GC memory card file on windows. I'll try changing the windows GC memory card to a different *.raw file and keep trying. 

Yes that did the trick, switched 
Memory card A in config GC to USA
Then tools Memory card manager
Finally copied over the files to android

File system locations are correct
(06-28-2017, 02:36 PM)Edgeforge Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that did the trick, switched 
Memory card A in config GC to USA
Then tools Memory card manager
Finally copied over the files to android

File system locations are correct

NO that was FAIL, I opened the memory card manager and there are no files inside the *.raw USA memory card. 
I specifically saw the dolphin say where it was writing the data to, that was the USA *.raw file. This file does not exist on my Android. Any other suggestions??? 
(06-28-2017, 02:46 PM)Edgeforge Wrote: [ -> ]NO that was FAIL, I opened the memory card manager and there are no files inside the *.raw USA memory card. 
I specifically saw the dolphin say where it was writing the data to, that was the USA *.raw file. This file does not exist on my Android. Any other suggestions??? 

*.gci files now on my PC. Changed the "slot a" in config for GC to "gci folder" and magic(?) they showed up. 
Oh no.... I really can't get this to work. Please help me
(06-28-2017, 03:31 PM)Edgeforge Wrote: [ -> ]Oh no.... I really can't get this to work. Please help me
Got it, I needed to set the GC slot A to GCI folder. Then had to launch the game and save again before the *.gci files showed up. Simply moved that file to android. Solved. Move back to continue.