Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New file directories?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Herr Doktor

Hello there, Internet.

I'm no stranger to this type of stuff, as I've been doing this for years. However, as I ripped files from the GameCube game Mortal Kombat Deception (2005) using Dolphin's ISO-browsing feature, I encountered compressed sound files in .mbg and .msg formats. I searched on Google but found zero information. Apparently, they are only used for a mail application, but I highly doubt it will open files found in a 12-year-old game.

Help?
What is it you need help with? It ripped sound files from a 2005 game that, as you stated, probably aren't supported in modern systems. What else do you want?

Herr Doktor

I need help with opening or decompressing the files. I've never come across them before.
Probably a format that only Nintendo used. It's not unusual for companies to use there own proprietary software. You already googled it with no luck, so I don't know what help we can be. A quick google search stated you can only open these with Outlook or a HEX editor