Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Remote not connecting after Windows 10 Creator Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kidboo377

Huh

Hi, so I've been trying to use my Wii Controller to play some Wii games on my computer, and the controller will not pair up with the program as of the Windows 10 Creator Update.

It automatically connects to the system Bluetooth, undergoes "additional setup" for about 5 minutes, then all the lights go black. Pressing 1/2 together does get the controller to rumble but the lights do nothing, and the controller does not connect. I've tried darn near everything to fix this problem, but to no avail. Any solutions?
The Windows 10 Creator update uninstalled some of my drivers and replaced them with the default ones. That could be the culprit.

GGTyler

Maybe try downgrading to a different update of Windows?
There's no need to go that far, just reinstall the proper BT drivers and see if that works.
I experienced a similar nightmare after that same update, and I can still no longer pair it using the new "Windows Settings" menu where previously I had no issues. I did manage to figure out a work around, although I'm not positive it will work for you. Adding it through Devices and Printers through good old fashioned Control Panel does work for me, so you can give that a try. Sometimes it can be finicky, I sometimes have to unplug/replug my BT adapter before it works again but that's probably my adapters fault.