Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do i load custom textures on Dolphin 4.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AOF Developer

[color=#993333]I got a custom texture for Luigi's Mansion but when i load the game it does not work i have done what everything tells me to do.I have checked the box to load custom textures put the texture in a folder with the PAL game I.D (the texture pack is for PAL versions and i'm using the PAL version) but nothing happens,please help.[/color]
Use Dolphin 5.0 or the latest development build instead. Since Dolphin v4.0-5234 the texture format system changed (improved!). Most texture packs nowadays are made for the improved texture format system. A lot more improvement were made to custom textures of the course of time. Check out this thread: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...tures-info to learn has changed since in a quick summary.

AOF Developer

I can not do that Dolphin 5.0 does not support Windows x86.
Then Google will be your only method of finding support, unfortunately.

AOF Developer

Well thanks for helping so fast Sirs Or Madames
As stated by the other members, we only provide support for the latest stable release (currently 5.0) or the latest development version. You're free to use whatever old version you want, but you're on your own. In this case particularly, most (if not all) texture packs were updated to the new format and as such they simply won't work on Dolphin 4.0 unless you manually convert every single texture file back to the old format (not even sure if that's possible).

Furthermore, "my OS is 32-bit" isn't really an excuse, any CPU newer than the Pentium 4 is 64-bit capable and your Windows license covers both editions, you can just reinstall a 64-bit edition and use newer Dolphin builds.