Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: do i need to download older versions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

herculito

Do i need to download older versions to make the program work?

i been having problems getting it to work

so i started to download older versions..

and put them in the same folder

then suddenly it worked..

i really dont know what made de difference..

hopes this help any one.
wtf do i dare say more....
Older versions tend to work around the 3900-4400 mark. Go too far under and things just get buggy, too far over and things won't work due to bugs (again).

Also, for any detailed analysis of this we'd need computer stats, e.g. RAM, CPU (GHz), OS (Version of Windows?), and the amount of USB missile launchers you have connected to your tower (ok so the last one was a joke, but those things are cool Tongue )

My personal favourite at the moment recommened by a fellow member of these forums is 4493, for the Zelda games at least (I think 4472 also works alright for me). Then again I don't "dolphin" enough to remember which versions are the ones that work best for me, but I think 4493 was the best for me.

EDIT: Here's a link to a similar thread I started, might help, might not. I'm not sure what you're asking.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4844-page-2.html

herculito

my question is

i just download the latest version of dolphin emu and it has all it needs

or i need like a special older one.. and then upgrade from that

do i explain myself?
yes. Just use the newest version. Older versions are not needed. If it magically worked for you when you put in old files, you fail.